2015 TEAM SASK TRY OUT DATES
For the 2014-2015 Lacrosse season the Board of Directors has decided to have the Team Sask Box and Team Sask Field tryouts held on the same weekend. This decision was made so only one weekend had to be blacked out for tournaments for try outs and didn’t interfere with any tournaments as this was a big concern last year. This will also give Coaches a chance to watch players doing both Box and Field tryouts which is particularly helpful for players who wish to try out for both Box and Field teams.
This year the try outs will be held on April 25th and 26th. The South Camp will be held in Moose Jaw on Saturday, April 25th and the North and Final Camp will be held in Saskatoon on Sunday, April 26th. Box tryouts will be held in the mornings with Field tryouts being held in the afternoons. Specific locations and times will be sent out once they are determined. Coaches will then meet after the try outs and select their roster and then contact players.
Applications will be accepted from January 15th to April 15th and the Office is looking at having an online registration option, more details on that will be sent out closer to January 15th. A word/PDF registration will also be sent out closer to January 15th that can be filled out and mailed in for those who would rather not do the online option. Try Out fees will be $60 which goes towards covering the cost of facilities for the try outs.
If you have any questions or more information please contact Bridget Pottle, SLA Executive Director, at 306.780.9216/1.866.780.9216 ext. 1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLA SEEKING PROVINCIAL TEAM COORDINATORS
The Saskatchewan Lacrosse Association is now acception applications until January 15th, 4:00pm for Provincial Coordinators for the Team Sask program. The SLA is looking for a Provincal Coordinator for the Field Lacrosse teams and a Provincial Coordinator for the Box Lacrosse teams. As per a new Policy put in place by the SLA Board of Directors if a suitable Provincial Coordinator is not found then no Provincial Teams in that sector will be sent to the 2015 National Championships.
Please see the full job description below. If you are interested in applying for the volunteer position or have any questions please contact Bridget Pottle, SLA Executive Director, via email at email@example.com
SLA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - CASUAL SPORT COORDINATORS
The Saskatchewan Lacrosse Association is currently seeking casual Sport Coordinators. This is great opportunity for older, experienced Lacrosse players who are looking to make some extra money and further promote the game of Lacrosse in Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan Lacrosse Association is a non-profit provincial sport governing body that promotes, develops and administers all aspects of Lacrosse in Saskatchewan.
Positions Available: There is no limit, as many qualified individuals can be included on the contact list to put on clinics.
Location(s): The SLA hopes to have Sport Coordinator’s in all communities across Saskatchewan.
Reports To: The SLA Program Coordinator and SLA Executive Director
- Casual Position, Coordinators choose the hours and times they work.
- Coordinators are responsible to lead clinics they sign up to work and put together an approved lesson plan for the clinic (examples of lesson plans will be made available to Coordinators).
- Coordinators will be responsible to ensure the clinics they choose to lead are fun and promote ALL versions of Lacrosse.
- Majority of work to be conducted during the weekday specifically during school hours. Sport Coordinators will be notified when a clinic is being requested around their community and can chose whether they would like to help lead that clinic or not if it works for their schedule.
- Some evenings and weekends opportunities for games or tournaments may arise for Coordinators who wish to take part.
- Promote awareness of Canada’s National Summer Sport – Lacrosse in their Community.
- Promote increased exposure to the various disciplines of Lacrosse in their Community.
- Assist in the Saskatchewan Lacrosse Association’s efforts to broaden and enlarge its membership base
- Assist in the Saskatchewan Lacrosse Association’s efforts to broaden and enlarge its volunteer base
- Work with SLA Membership Associations to provide Lacrosse clinics in their communities.
For a full job description please click on the following link: SLA Casual Sport Coordinator Full Job Description.
To apply or inquire about the positions please contact Bridget Pottle, SLA Executive Director, at 1.306.780.9216/1.844.780.9216 ext. 1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
sla 2014 award recipients
The SLA Board of Directors and Staff would like to congratulate the following SLA 2014 Award Recipients!
- 2014 PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT AWARD - SWIFT CURRENT LACROSSE ASSOCIATION
- 2014 SLA MEDIA OF THE YEAR - MARC SMITH WITH GOLDENWEST RADIO MOOSE JAW AND DISCOVER MOOSE JAW
- 2014 SLA SPONSORSHIP OF THE YEAR - ROYAL SPORTING GOODS (Located in Regina, SK)
- 2014 SLA TEAM OF THE YEAR (BRAND NEW AWARD!) - 2014 TEAM SASK MIDGET BOX LACROSSE TEAM
- 2014 SLA RUSSELL SLOBODIAN MALE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR - RHETT HANDLEY
- 2014 SLA FEMALE OF THE YEAR (BRAND NEW AWARD!) - TEANNA SIEBEN
- 2014 SLA VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR - CARRIE JOHNSON
- 2014 SLA COACH OF THE YEAR - IAN LUEKE
- 2014 SLA OFFICIAL OF THE YEAR - DON JOHNSTON